How many fans do I need?
The following answer is a generalization. Speak with a HydroMist representative to help find a solution for your needs.
If you are indoors or in a location that is blocked from the wind, use the CFM of the desired fan and the volume of the space to determine the amount of fans. (Keep in mind they need an air inlet and outlet for air flow.)
Use this formula:
- Fans Needed=Volume/(Fan Volume x Transfer Time)
- Example: Factory 50ft x 80ft x 15ft = 60,000 cubic feet
Choose a fan (See Chart Below):
- Example: Choose 30” fan. CFM = 10000
Choose time to transfer the total volume of air for the space being cooled.
- Example: Every 2 minutes (I recommend time between 1-3 minutes.)
Determine fans needed:
- Example: 60000/(10000 x 2 mins) = 3 fans
|F10-01-004||20"||20" Cage Fan, Single Speed||5500|
|F10-01-005||24"||24" Cage Fan, Single Speed||8000|
If you are in the open outdoors, the wind affects this calculation directly correlating with the transfer time. This makes it difficult to use this calculation.