Winterizing your Mist System
Posted by Kert Kveton on Mar 11th 2022
Annual Winterization Instructions
- 1)Disconnect pump from water supply at the furthest location and disconnect hoses if possible.
- 2)Disconnect electrical supply.
- 3)Disconnect output hose from pump, and purge both the water lines and misting rings with pressurized air.
- 4)Remove water filters and drain filter housings.
- 5)Tilt pumps to drain all water from pump.
- 6)Cover all open inlet/outlets to keep debris out of pumps. Relocate pump to an area that offers protection from freezing temperatures / harsh weather.
- 1)Disconnect electrical supply if possible or desired (operation of the fans may be desires even during winter months)
- 2)Remove all misting nozzles from fans, and secure them in a clean, dry environment. Wrap rings in shrink wrap to keep debris out of rings.
- 3)Cover fans when not in use.
Unscrew drain plug and completely empty tank of water, replace plugs